Navigate Up
Sign In

 Graduate - FAQ's


Are all Catholic schools part of Brisbane Catholic Education (BCE)?

No, as some Catholic schools are not owned and administered by BCE.

Please refer to either the Directory or Map Search


Do I need to be Catholic?

Where there is a genuine occupational requirement, such as full time classroom teachers in Primary and teachers of religion and religion related subjects in Secondary, the teacher must be Catholic.

Where the teaching of religion is not a requirement of the position, such as a music specialist or manual arts teacher, all applicants may be considered.

All teachers within Brisbane Catholic Education must be supportive of the Catholic ethos.

Please refer to Anti Discrimination Legislation


I missed the Primary Graduate Process, can I still get a primary teacher job with BCE?

Yes. The Primary Graduate recruitment Process is just one employment opportunity available. If you are available for relief teaching please complete a profile or search for suitable advertised positions in our current vacancies


Do I need written referee reports?

Written referee reports are only required for the Primary Graduate Process.


Do I need to be studying education this year?

It is only a  pre requisite for the Primary Graduate Process where graduates  are completing a pre service primary education degree this year and are interested in applying for full time primary classroom teaching positions in the following year.

Teachers who are eligible to gain registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) may apply to any suitable advertised position.


Do I have to complete tertiary study in Religious Education before I can work with BCE?

No. Please refer to the Teacher Accreditation Requirements page for more information.


What do I do if I want to update my Primary Graduate Process application?

The Primary Graduate Process application may be edited up until the closing date. If the application closing time has passed, email all additional documentation to Employment Services and Strategic Human Resources.


I accidentally submitted my Primary Graduate Process application before I was finished.

You do not need to withdraw your application as the Primary Graduate Process application may be edited up until the closing date. Ensure you save your changes. 


My file will not upload to my application, what can I do?

Your file size may be too large, there is a limit of 3MB per file for uploading to your application. Try other file types including converting to PDF or Word.

Remove any punctuation from your file name.


Brisbane Catholic Education Office

243 Gladstone Road, Dutton Park Q 4102

GPO Box 1201 Brisbane 4001 Australia

Phone: (07) 3033 7000

Fax: (07) 3844 5101