Navigate Up
Sign In
Health and safety
What's on this page

My child has been injured at school - who will cover the associated costs?

Personal accident insurance is provided at no cost for all students enrolled in Catholic schools, within the Brisbane Archdiocese. The insurance policy held with Catholic Church Insurance (CCI), covers students while at school and school sponsored activities, and will cover medical and hospital costs not covered by Medicare.

A copy of the insurance brochure is available from your school.


What do I need to do if my child requires medication at school?

If your child requires medication whilst at school, you will need to complete a Student Medication Request form, available at the school office or on the parent portal.  This will need to be signed by yourself and/or your local GP and then returned to the school office.

For children who have a serious ongoing medical condition that requires a Medical Action Plan, as a parent/carer you will need to provide the school a copy of this Action Plan.  A record of your child's condition and/or medication will be recorded at the school.

For further information about this, please contact your child's school.


Who is responsible for my child's medication?

It is your responsibility as a parent/carer to make sure any medication your child requires is available and up-to-date.

Brisbane Catholic Education Office

243 Gladstone Road, Dutton Park Q 4102

GPO Box 1201 Brisbane 4001 Australia

Phone: (07) 3033 7000

Fax: (07) 3844 5101