The Parents & Friends Association is an integral part of the Catholic school community in the archdiocese and provides a formal structure for parents and others interested in the welfare of the students to plan and organise activities for the benefit of the school, and the ongoing development of students.
In particular the Parents & Friends Association: -
- provides an avenue of support and information to aid the involvement of parents/carers in their children’s education and the school community
- promotes the development of collaboration between parents/carers and school staff
- promotes the principles of Catholic education and a distinctive Christian community/environment in the school
- provides an opportunity to participate at school community, archdiocesan, state and national levels.
While other groups may be active within the life of the school, no group other than the Parents & Friends Association can represent the interests of the whole parent body at any school.
The Brisbane Archdiocesan Council of Parents and Friends Association (BACoPaFA) represents the Catholic School Community Parent & Friends Association in south-east Queensland and functions within a constitution approved by the Archbishop.
This organisation operates as ‘the Brisbane Catholic Parents and Friends’ and endeavours to support school communities and improve the flow of information between parents and the peak bodies that represent parents and friends at state and national levels. One way this occurs is by:
- interpretation and dissemination of information to schools in the diocese
- support and focus on parent involvement and development across the diocese
- support for the Federation of P&F Associations Queensland in pursuing school community concerns in the diocese.
- provision of an advocacy service for school communities.
The Brisbane Catholic Parents and Friends has regular regional meetings within the Archdiocese to gain the views of your school community to accurately reflect these to the relevant external agencies.
An executive member of BACoPaFA will act as a contact for each school in the archdiocese. It is important that each school is represented at the diocesan level and each school can have two voting members at the AGM and general meetings of the Brisbane Catholic Parents and Friends, so please become involved.
The Federation of P&F Associations Queensland
Ph (07) 3336 9242